I studied Computer Science and Mathematics at Eckerd College. Located on 188 acres of waterfront property in St. Petersburg, Florida, Eckerd College is a private, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences. I graduated in December 2013 with a Bachelors of Science degree. I financed 100% of my tuition costs through scholarships and multiple part-time jobs. I was very active at Eckerd College beyond my coursework:
- I was a Resident Advisor (RA) from 2001 - 2003.
- Activity Coordinator for the International Students Association, Festival of Cultures, and Festival of Hope.
- Honorable mention at the ACM ICPC Southeast region programming contest in 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- I worked as a TA to aid in the instruction of computer art classes.
- I worked as a TA to aid in the instruction of computer science classes.
- I worked as a TA to aid in the instruction of mathematics classes and hosted office hours supported students with questions.
- I worked in the computer labs providing tech support, install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, software and network connections.
- I worked as a web developer to update 6 different websites at Eckerd College which were responsible for a 75% increase in online enrollment in classes.
- Member of Pi Mu Epsilon, Mathematics Honor Society.
- Appointed as the student representative in the Eckerd College Computing Resource Policy Group in 2002.
Below are a few pictures from the programming contests and graduation.
Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary School (AKMSS)
I finished my high school in Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania. AKMSS offered the Tanzanian National ‘A’ levels for students in Forms 5 & 6. NECTA ‘A’ levels are an extremely challenging pre-university course. This qualification is recognized by universities in Tanzania, throughout East Africa and in many overseas universities, particularly if students have achieved a Division 1 in the science combinations. I studied the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) combinations.